More ideas and advice about healthy breakfasts and why they are good for you in the Breakfast4Life toolkit. Download it from the Change4Life website.
Breakfast Club Plus resource pack and activities
Developed with help from the DfES (now DfE) and Kellogg's, the Breakfast Club Plus resource takes you through the steps to set up a breakfast club and keep it going.
The Breakfast Club Plus resource pack has also been adapted for Welsh schools:
Version for Welsh schools in English (1.7mb)
This Breakfast Movers Essential Guide complements the main resource pack. It offers advice about setting up and running a ‘Breakfast Movers’ club, where members take part in physical activity in addition to enjoying a healthy breakfast.
This Breakfast Readers Essential Guide complements the main Breakfast Club Plus resource pack and Book-it!. It offers advice about setting up and running a ‘Breakfast Readers’ club, where children and their parents or carers take part in reading activities in addition to enjoying a healthy breakfast.
Breakfast Readers - English
Breakfast Readers evaluation report
This evaluation report examines the extent to which the Breakfast Reading Pilot, managed by ContinYou between October 2005 and July 2006, met its identified aims and objectives.
Singing Breakfast Clubs
ContinYou and Sing Up have joined forces to create this fantastic, practical singing resource, using our combined knowledge of singing and breakfast clubs. We have worked hard to create a folder that can be used time and again to bring the benefits of singing into your club.
Useful tools and time savers to help you on your way
Tools can be found throughout the website under their relevant subject headings. Over the coming months we will be adding them to these pages to build up a comprehensive one-stop-shop of tools. Keep coming back!
Consultation, Evaluation and Monitoring
Nutrition and Health
- Food Standards Agency
- British Heart Foundation
- Grab 5 - Sustain project to promote fruit and vegetables to primary school children. This project has now ended, but you can still download free resources.
- Health Education Trust
- Shake up your wake up - HGCA Farmhouse Breakfast Week website - lots of information about the benefits of breakfast, recipe ideas and education tools.
- School Food Trust - lots of useful resources around healthy eating
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health - provides information on accredited food hygiene and health and safety courses
- Directory of Social Change - information on policy, funding and becoming a voluntary organisation.
- Welsh government's free breakfast scheme
Download nutritional guidelines for breakfast clubs in schools and community settings in England.